Ep. 78 | 12 Ways to Leverage Marketing Automation for Your Event and Tradeshow
In this episode, we chat with Kelly Pugh, Act-On’s senior manager for demand generation, about the dozen plus ways to leverage marketing automation for events and trade shows.
Live events are a critical part of any B2B marketing plan. Whether you’re planning digital events such as webinars, or in-person events such as conferences and trade shows, your company can expect to benefit from increased sales, higher brand awareness, and a better understanding of your products and services.
Today’s B2B marketers know just how important events can be: More than 80 percent of marketers believe live events are critical to their company’s success. And according to Exhibit Survey’s annual trends report, 84 percent of exhibitors will make or recommend the final purchasing decisions at their companies.
Marketing automation can help you reach and nurture those decision makers better, before, during and after the event.
12 Ways to Leverage Marketing Automation at Events
- Segment your list to the applicable group (geo, title, industry, etc.)
- Build a pre-event landing page with a CTA asset
- Promote your event attendance via an email campaign
- Promote your attendance and pre-event landing page via social, especially advanced social that is integrated with your marketing automation.
- Create event landing page with asset (online demo, event-related content) and have attendees enter their information right there. Could also use a contest they’d enter their info for a chance to win
- Use social during the event; know the relevant hashtags
- Interview speakers and industry leaders for post-event sharing; Cliff Notes for popular sessions
- Summarize the event (value add) for a blog post, and include a CTA for gated content
- Post-event automated program for leads with an event-related campaign
- Lead score based on pre- and post-event engagement, and automatically move to either sales or a mid- or bottom-of-funnel AP.
- Track real-time engagement analytics from pre-event, during, and post event
- Create a webinar based on popular event session topics or other event-related content you created and launch an online event campaign using the event leads and others from your list
- Review and repeat