Ep. 68 | How to Build Your Brand with PR
Featured eBook: 5 Ways to Integrate Social Media Across Marketing Channels
In this week’s Rethink Marketing episode, we chat with Amy and Mike Rosenberg from Veracity about how to build your brand with PR, whether that is with the news media or industry influencers.
Veracity is primarily a PR firm that focuses on traditional and digital ways to garner attention for clients ranging from hospitality & real estate to professional services & finance to nonprofits & nutrition. In our conversation, we cover a range of topics from what PR means in 2018, to the benefits of PR, and what types of businesses need PR.
Enjoy the conversation, and we hope you can get one or two takeaways that you can bring to your business.
- Can you tell me more about yourselves and Veracity?
- We’re here to discuss how companies can build their brands with PR. To level set, what does PR mean in today’s world?
- What are the benefits of successful PR?
- Does every company need to have PR? Who is right for PR?
- Is it just a press release? What are some tactics for getting more coverage?
- What are editorial calendars in regards to PR and how can a business take advantage of them?
- Are you trying to gain the attention of local media or key influencers? Is it both? Does it vary by business?
- You have incredible relationships with reporters and other thought leaders. Does a company have to hire a PR agency to get that access? How do they develop relationships with their target influencers?
- A lot of businesses will partner with a nonprofit as a way to win press attention. What are your thoughts on that? And are there other ways to be “newsworthy”?
- Any suggestions on how to pitch a story idea?
- How should a business prepare for when they get that interview request from a news agency or industry thought leader?
- How can someone learn more about you and Veracity?