Ep. 130 | The Pros and Cons of Hiring Remote Workers for Your B2B
This week, we chat with Nathan Hirsch, CEO of Freeeup, about the pros and cons of hiring remote workers for your B2B business.
The workplace landscape is shifting and already more than half of B2B companies have remote or offsite employees. And that percentage will increase to more than 75 percent within the next 10 years.
So, what do you need to know when hiring a remote worker? How do you get the best work from them? How do you integrate your local and remote teams?
Enjoy the conversation, and we hope you can get one or two takeaways that you can bring to your business.
- Can you tell me more about yourself and FreeeUp?
- What types of companies are hiring FreeeUp’s remote workers? And what is the work that is being done by them?
- How has the eCommerce landscape changed over the years? What’s being done now, or needs to be done, to warrant hiring remote workers?
- Are there legal or other concerns companies should consider in 2019 before hiring that first remote worker?
- Are these one-off projects or are these workers regular contributors to a company? Do the hiring strategies change depending on the work?
- One of the concerns I have about hiring remote workers, is can I trust them with my stuff. How do you address that?
- What’s your advice for creating a working culture between the company and one or more remote workers?
- How do I learn more about you and FreeeUp?