Ep. 41 | Using Conversation Intelligence to Close More Sales
In this week’s episode, Act-On CMO Michelle Huff interviews Amit Bendov, the CEO of Gong.io, about using conversation intelligence to close more sales.
Gong.io is the #1 conversation intelligence platform for sales. It helps sales teams close more deals by shining the light on their sales conversations. Gong records, transcribes, and analyzes every sales call so you can drive sales effectiveness across your team, figure out what’s working and what’s not, and ramp new hires faster.
In their conversation, Michelle and Amit discuss how the Gong platform works, and how sales organizations can use that information to become better listeners, ask better questions, and become a better closer.
They also talk about some of the research Gong has conducted analyzing thousands of calls. This includes the ideal listen/talk ratio, whether filler words impact sales calls, and how marketing can also tap into sales calls to learn how customers and prospects describe their challenges, and what questions they need answered.
Enjoy the conversation, and we hope you can get one or two takeaways that you can bring to your business.
- Can you tell us more about Gong and what it does?
- How does machine learning/AI play a part in analyzing? Can you talk about the process?
- What can be learned from analyzing sales conversations?
- Are there any commonalities of a successful sales call? (pricing mentions and timing in the call; pitch/listen ratio, etc.)
- What can we learn from unsuccessful sales calls?
- When asking about customer timelines, what does “Probably” and “we need to figure out” mean to a sale?
- Your research has also found there are differences and success rates for how males sales reps and female sales reps talk to prospects of both genders. Can you explain?
- Your focus is primarily on sales, but do you think there are other areas in a business that could benefit from call analization? Such as customer marketing or product marketing? Customer service?
- Your research reports are a key part of your marketing and brand awareness. Can you talk about that strategy?
- Your platform analyzed all of the Seinfeld episodes. What was that all about?
- You recently received a $20M round of investment. What does that say about what you’re doing and where you’re headed?