Ep. 38 | Best Practices for Your Next Marketing Trade Show or Event
In this episode of the Rethink Podcast, we interview two of Act-On’s marketing experts about their tips, hacks and best practices you can use for your trade show or event.
Our first guest is Noelle Nolan, Act-On’s senior global event marketing manager, and our other guest is Kelly Pugh, Act-On’s senior manager for demand generation.
They talk about best practices for using social media at your event, what you should consider when designing your exhibit booth, and what are some of their favorite event swag items, and why.
Enjoy the conversation, and we hope you can get one or two takeaways that you can bring to your business.
- What advice do you have on using social, whether before, during or after your event?
- What advice do you have on booths? Is there a must have, must remember ordering (electricity), or don’t worry about? Any hacks?
- Who should you have working the booth?
- What are your thoughts on giveaways? Are they a must or nice to have?
- What have been some of the most effective swag items you have given away?
- Any advice for marketers on what to do while the attendees are in session?
- Any advice for following up on leads?
- What are your thoughts on badge scanners?
- How do you (quickly) build a relationship with attendees so that you can market to them later (even months later)?
- How you do compete with all the big budget spenders?
- There are so many events out there. Any advice to marketers on how they can choose where to invest their marketing?