Ep. 27 | How to Create Content Unicorns and Ignore the Donkeys
In this episode of the Rethink Podcast, Internet Marketer Larry Kim (@larrykim) outlines what marketers need to do to begin creating content unicorns.
Please note the “begin creating” in that last sentence.
Right now, Kim believes content marketers are not reliably producing great content, the 1 percent, the outliers, what he calls unicorns. In fact, he suspects marketers’ own biases are preventing them from even knowing what is quality content.
And as a result, you, me and the rest of us are producing donkey content, which, I guess, is the opposite of a unicorn.
Enjoy the conversation, and we hope you can get one or two takeaways that you can bring to your business.
- Can you tell me more about Mobile Monkey? What does it do and who does it do it for? [1:30]
- You recently resigned from the successful company you founded to lead a startup. Are you insane? [2:30]
- You’ve recently been speaking Content Marketing Moneyball, can you tell me more about that? [5:00]
- What metrics do you use to recognize content unicorns? [7:45]
- What happens after you discover a unicorn? [12:20]
- How do you make your next unicorn? [18:30]
- How should marketers address their perceived risks of placing all their bets on one unicorn; and whether that unicorn is aligned with their business? [23:00]
- How do you think chatbots and AI will play out in B2B marketing activities? [26:00]
- Risks with AI or What do you stand to lose? [30:00]
- What is Larry Kim’s workflow? [31:00]
- Why are unicorns your thing? [33:15]
- How much time does it take to turnaround your content? [36:15]
- How can folks learn more about you and Mobile Monkey? [38:00]