Ep. 131 | Conversational Copywriting that Sells
This week, we chat with Nick Usborne about how to better engage your audience with conversational copywriting that sells.
Nick has been a professional copywriter for more than 40 years, writing online and offline copy.
He says conversational copywriting is still about selling, but in a way that is transparent and honest.
Enjoy the conversation, and we hope you can get one or two takeaways that you can bring to your business.
- Can you tell me more about yourself and what you do?
- Before we dive into what is conversational copywriting, can you explain the difference between copywriting and content writing? Is there a difference?
- I’ve often heard folks, working in demand gen or product marketing or in sales, say they are good writers and that they will write that email or landing page copy. Should they? And if not, why not?
- Your business is about conversational copywriting. What is conversational copywriting and why does it work so well?
- How can we make our marketing copy more conversational?
- After years in any given industry, you begin to talk the jargon of that industry. How does someone find their conversational voice?
- When does a business decide to hire a professional writer or seek a writing coach for their work?
- As you know, many of our guests are focused on marketing automation in some form or another. How does marketing automation impact the way we write copy or content?
- There are a growing list of tools and technologies aimed at helping your writing. What do you think of them, and do you have any favorites?
- If someone could read one book or check out one website to improve their writing, what do you recommend?
- How can I learn more about you and conversational marketing?