Careers at Act-On
Sr. Software Engineer (Backend)Engineering | Portland, OR, United States
Act-On Software, a leading provider of SaaS based Digital Marketing Services is looking for a Sr. Software Engineers to join our team and help build our next generation platform. We’re looking for the engineers with strong backgrounds in service oriented architectures, who understand the elegance of simplicity and who thrive working in a collaborative agile environment.
A Candidate Must:
- Understand working in a SOA architecture leveraging RESTful APIs
- Have a solid understanding of data, and experience working in a variety of databases (Dynamo, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- More than five years of experience working with Java in SOA.
- Have worked with containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, etc)
- Understanding of how to work with message queues (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, etc)
- Experience using build tools (Maven/Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins, etc)
- Have a strong understanding on how to ensure performance, scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and application integration with external systems.
- The ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Have good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a collaborative agile environment.
- Be highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
The Perfect Candidate Would:
- Have experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Have experience working in cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Experience working in a TDD (Test Driven Development) environment
- The ability and willingness to mentor less experienced developers.
- Have the ability to translate requirements from other technical staff into a comprehensive design.
- Have some full stack experience, specifically in ReactJS
- Have the ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of the Technology and Product organization.
- Market Automation experience is a plus
Experience and Education:
The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through various types of experiences, education and training and are typically obtained through a college degree or equivalent professional experience.
Some of the technologies we use:
Java 8, ReactJS, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Kafka, Maven/Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, Vault, Terraform,
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.