Careers at Act-On
Marketing Automation SpecialistMarketing | Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Marketing Automation Specialist with good email marketing experience to join our agency in Reading to drive awareness and engagement across the whole digital journey. We are looking for a candidate with a multitude of skills but strong on Marketing Automation.
What You Will Be Doing
- Become product owner of marketing automation tool (Act-On)
- Advancing digital engagement through the strategy and implementation of key activities
- Ensuring successful delivery of Digital Marketing Campaigns
- Identify opportunities to optimise the marketing function
- Working with the wider marketing team to tailor campaigns effectively
- Implement digital strategies across various channels, mainly with a focus on Email Marketing
- Become product owner the company’s marketing automation platform ( Act-On )
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work across all client brands and new business, including the marketing programmes of the Agency.
- Hands-on execution of marketing automation programmes.
- Experience of working with Marketing Automation software (Ideally Act-On but other solutions such as Hubspot and Pardot etc would be acceptable)
- Ownership of reporting and best practice information sharing to demonstrate the value the technology element of the integrated campaign is delivering, including but not limited to typical email campaign reporting, the generation of MQLs, SQLs, opportunities and pipeline (visibility allowing)
- Execute marketing automation projects, including:
- Automated programmes.
- Email and landing page creation.
- Optimization & A/B testing, Continuous improvement.
- Schedules and editorial calendars etc.
- Help the MarTech team own the topic of inbound and outbound marketing, best practice techniques and how technology solutions serve to optimise and automate these programmes.
- Co-create inbound marketing plans / content amplification through social and other inbound tactics.
- Help proactively share best practices and learnings from campaigns and the marketplace with department and wider agency.
- Collate results, analyse data (either quantitative or qualitative) and feed insights into arguments or proposals.
- Actively participate in and add value to client presentations and pitches.
- Maintain accurate time-sheets that are completed by required deadlines.
- Analytical and metrics-focused, data and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Technically savvy, comfortable with and interested in software applications.
- Understanding of sales & marketing processes.
- Aptitude to ask good questions, explain things clearly and succinctly, boil down relevant insights to inform action.
- Ability to actively and confidently communicate in front of colleagues and clients
- Good eye for detail and strong grammar and business writing skills.
Additional valuable skills and experience
- CRM and Salesforce software (primarily Salesforce.com).
- Database management (segmentation, reporting and maintenance).
- List acquisition, import and management.
- Organic / Paid social and search campaigns.
- Data analysis, reporting and business intelligence.
- Able to participate in client meetings, being inclusive and listening to what is being said, and what isn’t being said.
- Able to, comfortable with and professional in interacting with and presenting to clients.
- Able to field questions related to their projects, demonstrating capability and knowledge of best practices and approaches.
- Able to appreciate the organisational hierarchy in client businesses as well as the Agency – and adapt behaviour accordingly.
- Should present a confident, knowledgeable and smart image.
General attitudes, abilities
- Excited about marketing technology.
- Self-starter, goes above and beyond on tasks.
- Seeks out opportunity and challenge.
- Looking to be part of the future of our agency and industry.
- Good at juggling many tasks / multiple projects simultaneously that are deadline sensitive.
- Nice, approachable way of working with people, a team player.