Careers at Act-On
Technical Solutions Engineer (Level 1)Technical Support | Portland, OR, United States
Here at Act-On, we're a select group of individuals who are smart, motivated and dedicated to providing our customers with world-class product support. If you're a tech support professional who can solve problems creatively, you believe in working hard and playing hard, and you want to be a part of one of the world’s fastest-growing marketing automation companies, read on!
- Customer focused at all times with the goal of resolving customer issues in the quickest most effective way possible.
- Accountable to one's team and one's self taking ownership of tasks and seeing them through to successful completion.
- Transparent in communications approach with the goal of being clear, concise and direct.
- Team Player who views the occupational world as "we" versus "me".
- Self-driven to perform at a high level and invigorated to do their best when no one is watching.
- Become an Act-On solution expert, including the product's technical workings and practical business application.
- Take ownership with delivering and exceeding customer service level agreement commitments and customer expectations.
- Exercise discretion and judgment on whether and how to address customer issues.
- Assist customers with technical questions relating to Act-On and peripheral software (including but not limited to internet browsers, Salesforce.com, Website hosting software, API's, etc.).
- Assist our Customer Success Team with technical implementations/Questions related to the Act-On service.
- Utilize independent and creative problem solving skills to assist in technical troubleshooting and analysis for customer reported issues.
- Manage and maintain incoming support tickets and phone calls from customers from receipt through resolution. Exercise discretion in managing priorities for customer concerns.
- Manage and maintain second level escalated support tickets from customers from receipt through resolution.
- Maintain a positive interactive working relationship with Operations and Product Engineering to resolve issues and escalate as necessary for resolution.
- Author and maintain knowledge base articles as needed for technical implementation procedures.
- Contribute to the Act-On Communities and Public Forum.
- Exercise discretion deciding when and whether to position additional services and other product services, for a fee, to existing customers.
Required Technical Experience
- 1-3+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Functional knowledge of SQL.
- Functional knowledge of major internet browsers and their configuration.
- Functional knowledge of desktop OS systems (Windows and Mac).
- Basic network (latency, etc.) troubleshooting experience.
- Previous experience with API's and XML a plus.
- Additional preferred experience with Salesforce.com, Sugar CRM, Microsoft Dynamics, Marketing Automation, website hosting, email delivery and SEO.
- Previous SaaS support experience a plus.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette and ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility working in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to understand customer problems and questions, document and work through to final resolution; detail oriented.
- Ability to work non-standard business hours under minimal supervision
- College degree or equivalent work experience.