Careers at Act-On
Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack/GUIEngineering | Portland, OR, United States
Are you passionate about cutting-edge technology? Do you enjoy the fast pace of an Agile environment? Act-On Software, a leading provider of Digital Marketing as a Service, is seeking a senior full stack developer with strong GUI development skills to be a part of a growing team, building the next generation Digital Marketing platform. We are using the newest technology and practices to build/refresh a microservice based enterprise application in a hybrid cloud serving a global customer base. We build everything in a distributed cloud based architecture.
You are consistently stepping up to the task at hand and provide a noticeable impact. You become the go-to person for specific capabilities or functional areas. You don't wait to be asked to tackle priority work, so things keep moving forward. You promote the standards for process/architecture and provide consultation to make improvements. You give back to the tech community, especially the excellent community here in Portland. You drive toward outcomes, identifying and resolving the complex problems along the way. We appreciate people who are active in their work with others, seeking partnership across teams; setting an example by elevating others, leading group discussions, mentoring colleagues, posting "How-To's" and standards internally and in the community.
- Design, code, test, deploy, and support scalable, extensible, resilient and performant full stack features in a collaborative scrum team.
- React to customer escalations and be prepared to troubleshoot and resolve issues in your own code as well as legacy code.
- Be a collaborative “people person,” self-starter, quick learner, great communicator
- Have excellent time management skills - communicate estimates and stick to deadlines
- Be a team player, self motivated, accountable, and humble
- Be results-driven - prioritize, take initiative, and take ownership
- B.S. degree or better in CS or other engineering/scientific field
- Solid experience with a range of web technologies (e.g. HTTPS, HTML5, CSS, JS, Java/JSP, JQuery, Handlebars, AngularJS, React, Aurelia, Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Experience with SaaS product development using J2EE paradigms; .Net a plus
- Experience w/ relational and distributed databases; MySql a plus
- Experience w/ NoSql datastores (e.g. MongoDB, HBase, Cassandra) a plus
- Experience in building and consuming REST and SOAP API a plus
- Domain experience w/ CRM API (SalesForce, NetSuite, SalesLogix, SugarCRM) a plus
- Domain experience w/ Google AdWords API a plus
- Proficiency working within Linux development environments
- Experience with source code collaboration systems; GIT a plus
- Superior object-oriented architecture and design skills
- Startup experience a plus
- 5+ years professional experience in web application development
- Experience with modern CSS management (Sass/Less)
- Experience with Java web applications and related frameworks
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Experience with cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Experience with container based deployment (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with microservice development and deployment
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Experience with TDD/BDD
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability and desire to work in a colocated team environment in downtown Portland, Oregon
Nice to Have
Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo Confluence)
Knowledge of user experience design and process
Knowledge of the Digital Marketing Software, Sales Software or CRM Software domain
Technical knowledge of email structure, SMTP, and sending standards
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.