Careers at Act-On
Director, Product MarketingMarketing | Portland, OR, United States
The ideal candidate is a seasoned Product Marketing leader with experience building, scaling, and executing a successful SaaS / enterprise technology product marketing strategy, managing and leading a team of smart and entrepreneurial individuals, and working closely with Engineering, Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Executives.
This is a strategic position for the Act-On organization which guides and executes our vision and delivers on strategy by prioritizing and owning product marketing activities and the measurement methods and reporting processes associated with them.
- Leverage market research, competitive analysis, internal and external data points, and customer insights to develop informed opinions on our positioning, packaging, pricing and advocate internally to achieve desirable business outcomes.
- Work with cross-functional go-to-market teams to define and improve Act-On’s positioning, messaging, customer segments, and differentiators.
- Collaborate on the development of audience-specific content and tools (e.g., customer use cases, whitepapers, product videos, website content, webinars, presentations) to hone value propositions and increase customer awareness, adoption, and usage.
- Work with product/engineering teams to distill platform functionality, capabilities, and key benefits to better shape opportunities, roadmap, product information, and success metrics for core audiences. Measure and report on these metrics to ensure product-market fit.
- Collaborate with sales and customer success teams on the development of product enablement training and full-funnel demand generation content. Create sales tools and collateral to better communicate product capabilities and value proposition.
- Serve in a consultative role to customers to identify challenges, opportunities, and trends. Supply this information to internal stakeholders to shape solutions that address product gaps and keep Act-On at the forefront of marketing technology innovation.Requirements
- Act as a representative of the Company with influencers, analysts, earned media and at events, ensuring expertise and differentiation is clear across all channels.
- Create industry specific solution messaging, define industry aligned personas and positioning documents for buyers and users.
- Provide input to thought leadership efforts, supporting work with industry and professional association, as well as PR efforts
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 8+ years product marketing experience with SaaS or marketing software products
- Strong understanding of the digital marketing landscape, SaaS/enterprise software, and evolving technologies
- Ability to create compelling and differentiated product positioning, messaging, and sophisticated content geared toward buyers and customers
- Demonstrated track record of driving change and successful projects, with well-defined results that connect directly to business objectives
- Ability to move between high level strategic thinking and detailed execution, managing priorities and staying organized throughout
- Strong track record of building, maturing and leading highly functional teams
- Experience talking with customers and the skill to understanding what makes them tick
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to translate, distill, and simplify technical details into meaningful insights
- Ability to stay level-headed in a dynamic environment with ever-changing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills with a "test and learn" mindset
- A proven track record of demonstrating sound judgment, critical thinking, attention to detail and ability to identify and act on critical priorities
- Bachelor's degree, with a preference for a Master's degree in a related field or equivalent experience