Careers at Act-On
Channel Account ManagerSales | Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom
As a Channel Manager for Act-On Software you will be responsible for both partner management and recruitment in your designated region. The primary focus of the role will be that of partner recruitment within our target segments of CRM System Integrators, Marketing Automation Consultancy houses and that of Digital Agencies. Act-On’s partner program encompasses Referral, Resellers and managed service organisations.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of your allocated partners in your region, which includes (but are not limited to) pre and post sales assistance, tactical and strategic marketing assistance, customer interactions, quarterly business and marketing planning, co-selling with designated Act-On selling executives and channel issue resolution.
The role will be tightly aligned to our direct sales team (RSM) where we operate both a source and influence approach to channel engagement.
Channel Recruitment and Management
- Research and shortlist targets to execute recruitment
- Build and increase footprint of awareness of the Act-On portfolio within both existing and newly recruited partners
- Build and own joint campaigns to increase qualified pipeline for both sourced and influenced business.
- Provide in-depth Act-On product pre-sales support (Demonstrations, Marketing Automation Strategies, Lead Qualification Guidance, etc.) while assisting the partner in all pre & post-sales activities as required.
- Use of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) & other metrics for “Strategic Partners” to track the investment & impact of individual initiatives and development plans. Appropriate action will be taken based on results in each case.
- Channel Manager will help partners with their Quarterly Business and Marketing Plans that include using social media for promoting the Act-On brand, Webcasts, Live Networking Events, Blogs, etc.
- The Channel Manager will schedule Weekly (or Bi-Weekly) Partner cadence/health check calls to evaluate Pipeline/Forecast, the status, Product Competency, and Marketing action items and then be able to determine if any modifications or corrective measures are required.
- Modest Travel Required ( On occasions international)
- 3+ yrs experience within the Digital Marketing sector
- 5+ yrs experience of SaaS based solutions
- Marketing Automation industry background preferable
- Forecasting & Pipeline management experience
- Experience with channel sales and business development best practices within our target partners of CRM system integrators & Digital Agencies..
- Demonstrable relational, high-energy business development skills, with strong business acumen for problem identification and creating acceptable resolutions
- A proven ability to communicate verbally and in writing; able to develop compelling proposals, value propositions and business cases.
- A track record of building strong channel relationships
- Acute listening skills; strong, collaborative work-style; tenacity for driving results; recognized leadership and decision-making skills
- Detail oriented, with a focus on effective prioritization of key actions needed.
- Position must work in office (Reading)
- International experience a bonus