Careers at Act-On
Sr. Technical AccountantAccounting | Portland, OR, United States
Act-On Software, an award-winning SaaS company specializing in marketing automation software, has an immediate part-time opening for a Technical Accountant. We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Accountant to join our established team. Your responsibilities will include oversight of both the software revenue recognition and stock compensation plans. This position will report to the Director of Accounting.
This position will be filled by the candidate who is a team player looking to make their mark on our company while continuing to learn and advance their career in a fast paced, high growth environment.
Key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Work with Sales and Deal Management to ensure proper financial controls, approvals and procedures relating to revenue recognition.
- Prepare contract analysis reporting for significant contracts and those with unusual terms or non-standard revenue recognition issues.
- Draft corporate policies to ensure compliance with the evolving generally accepted accounting principles and SEC regulation.
- Administer stock compensation plan including processing grants, exercises and cancellations, maintaining equity administration tool, preparing equity related communication, calculating quarterly stock compensation expense and preparing annual audit requests and reporting disclosures.
- Become proficient with software systems including NetSuite, SalesForce and OpTrack
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files
- Assist with month end close procedures and reconcile various balance sheet accounts monthly
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Work with key personnel across multiple business functions to provide insight into accounting processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain a positive & fun environment for the organization
The right candidate will possess a combination of the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of relevant, hands-on accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite or similar accounting software preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to changing workloads
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and demonstrated knowledge of technical and operations accounting
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- The drive to enforce continuous improvement and learn from past mistakes