Careers at Act-On
Strategic Account ManagerSales | Portland, OR, United States
The Account Management Team is responsible for managing and forecasting the entire book of renewals business for Act-On Software. They forecast and track renewals trends and highlight adoption issues for the company.
The Strategic Account Team is responsible for managing and forecasting the strategic book of renewals business for Act-On Software. They forecast and track renewals trends and highlight adoption issues for the company.
The Strategic Accounts team partners with sales, customer success and support to execute retention and renewals strategy. They are responsible for conducting account reviews, risk assessment and due diligence while developing a renewal strategy. Renewal team members take ownership and maintenance of all renewal opportunities, forecasting, negotiation, generate upsell/cross sell opportunities, engaging internal resources and closing renewals prior to contract expiration.
As a Strategic Account Manager you start to handle larger and more complex renewals. You own driving the renewal to completion. You partner with the sales team and CS team to develop a renewals strategy for every customer. You build quotes, review contract terms, negotiate pricing, look for up-sell opportunities, and handle objections. You will be measured on attrition amount, incremental ACV (annual contract value) of your contracts, qualified new business opportunity, renewal rate, on-time renewals and ability to negotiate favorable terms.
• Drive all managed renewals thoroughly in assigned territory by identify risk as early as possible as well as generating revenue growth opportunity.
• Achieve or exceed monthly renewal targets and provide senior management with an accurate forecast and risk analysis of all assigned accounts with in your team
• Develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies for contract renewals that maximize contract value while protecting and enhancing the customer relationship
• Build strong working relationships across Sales and CS Leadership
• Closely monitor at risk accounts. Work with Customer Success, Support, and Services leadership to resolve customer issues and help remove barriers for the team
• Serve as point of escalation for critical customer issues; provide summary of the overall 'health' of the account and use of our services
• Answer customer questions and successfully negotiate issues related to renewal contracts
• Attend and lead weekly/monthly calls to discuss renewal forecast, top renewals, at risk accounts
• Help develop and educate renewal best practices across the team
• Maximize account growth opportunities by playing an active role on the account team and helping to identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal
• Own, drive and manage the renewals process in collaboration with the account team
• Work with internal resources (Marketing, Pricing, Product Mgmt, Customer Success, Account Executives, etc...) to develop comprehensive 'win' strategies for renewals
• Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure
• Provide executive management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit executive involvement as required.
• Communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies
• Accurately maintain a rolling 90 day forecast of renewals
Required Skills/ Experience:
• College degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of relevant experience (preferably sales/account management/renewals experience from a SaaS, software or solution selling industry.
• Vast knowledge or experience of Business Application (Marketing Automation experience as user/sales/support is preferable)
• Fundamental understanding of SaaS product solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Considerable interpersonal skills are mandatory, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Strong negotiation skills that allow for value-based contract negotiations at the CXO level
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to oversee and manage Act-On renewal forecast, helping the team manage all renewal opportunities appropriately
• Knowledge of restructuring contract term and condition relating legal, finance and billing
• Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Apps)