Careers at Act-On
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)Engineering | Portland, OR, United States
Act-On Software, a leading provider of SaaS based Digital Marketing Services, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for SaaS Enterprise development with the following skills and experience;
- Willing and able to work with development test team to devise and execute testing strategies for a distributed software system
- Willing and able to work with the development lead and product manager to plan testing and release efforts for an enterprise application
- Ability and desire to function as a Site Reliability Engineer
- Agile Systems Thinker who can work in a highly collaborative, fast paced, co-located team of teams as they innovate the systems and services of a next generation digital marketing platform for large enterprise clients.
- Works with developers and product management to define and implement enterprise systems that ensure performance, scalability, maintainability, extensibility, and application integration with external systems.
- Develops systems, infrastructure, database and data models to build an enterprise system for a SaaS based enterprise application that is resilient, available, performant, compliant and attractive to clients engaged in the production, tracking and management of creative assets, analytical results, and marketing campaigns.
- Implements integrated software, hardware, hybrid cloud and mobile solutions.
- Demonstrates innovative code development approaches, supports programming, database development and application integration efforts.
- Proactively engages in all testing efforts including unit testing, load testing, end-to-end testing, validation testing, user acceptance testing, security scanning and penetration testing.
- A minimum of five years experience in Java enterprise development
- Experience with most of the following technologies:
- Web services integrations (REST and SOAP)
- Traditional SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc)
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc)
- Cloud Services (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Hadoop ecosystem
- Containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, etc)
- Message Queues (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ, etc)
- Build tools (Maven/Gradle, Bamboo, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience with CRMs a bonus.