According to the Content Marketing Institute, the average B2B marketer used 8 separate tactics in 2011. In 2012, that jumped to 12 tactics – a 50% leap. And more of us, most of us, are producing our own content. Are you stressed yet?
Part of your content marketing plan should be how to coordinate all your content so that you get a synergistic effect. Your social media efforts can convey branding and help your content get traction; your search strategy comes into play, and if you execute well your results are: More traffic, more leads, and more business.
All this takes a little juggling and a lot of planning. Spend an hour to see great, proven ideas and get inspired: Join Arnie Kuenn, president of Vertical Measures, in the upcoming webinar “How to Win at Search, Social & Content Marketing.” Arnie’s also an instructor for the Content Marketing Institute, and the author of Accelerate!: The Convergence of Search, Social & Content Marketing.
Why content marketing?
Given that buyers define their own problems and search for their own answers, and given that it’s late in the buying cycle before they are willing to make contact with a sales person, relationships are now begun with information rather than people. That’s the why of content marketing.
Your content marketing mix can include direct mail, television advertising, sponsorships, live events and much more; all kinds of different things work for different kinds of companies. But the emphasis today is on online marketing…because that’s where the buyers are, reliably. It all begins with search.
Content marketing is much more about establishing your brand as authoritative, trustworthy, and helpful, and much less about direct selling.
- Content marketing is the art of providing relevant, valuable content to your customers without selling or interrupting them.
- Instead of pitching your products or services, you are delivering information that makes your prospects more informed before they buy.
- If you deliver consistent, ongoing valuable information to your prospects, they ultimately reward you with their business and loyalty.
This webinar is all about how to strengthen and balance content, social and search so that each reinforces the other, giving your organization far more visibility and making it far more attractive that any single strategy could ever do.
Questions you’ll learn how to answer include:
- What exactly Content Marketing is and how to excel at it
- How to increase your odds of being found in search and social media
- How search and social tactics can be combined and leveraged to work better together than individually
- How content fits into the equation and why you should consistently create content that your target market will enjoy
- How to develop content to a plan
If content marketing is important to you (and the vast majority of B2B marketers say it’s key) then don’t miss:
May 30, 2013 | 10 AM PT / 12 PM CT / 1 PM ET
This Target Marketing webinar is sponsored by Act-On.