- More than 50% of us skip commercials
- 900 million+ of us place short status updates on our Facebook profiles; 50% do so every day
- 500 million+ use Twitter; 135K+ new accounts are created daily, at least 320 new members every minute
- 72%+ of U.S. consumers have SMS plans – at least 203 million consumers
And as a result of people spending so much time on Facebook, in particular, that network has emerged as a powerhouse marketing channel, rivaling a brand’s own website in some cases.
Summer, 2012: The Relevancy Group did an executive survey. Among other questions, they asked:
In terms of consumer engagement, defined by clicks, shares, and time spent, select the top 3 marketing channels where your deepest consumer engagement occurs. This is not a problem for marketers who can adapt and use shorter communications and social media (Facebook in particular) in tandem with tried-and-true tactics like email.
But if you’d like to raise your game, we invite you to watch How and Where to Leverage Social Marketing in the Customer Lifecycle: Tactics to Drive Marketing Success. David Daniels, CEO and Co-Founder of The Relevancy Group (and former Vice President and Principal Analyst with Forrester Research) and Atri Chatterjee, CMO of Act-On, will address how to use social marketing tactics strategically throughout the entire customer lifecycle, and social marketing best practices.
Key takeaways include:
- How to leverage social marketing
- How to build a campaign attribution model and properly measure marketing response across direct and social channels
- Strategies for building lifecycle campaigns across multiple channels
July 30, 2013 | 11:00 AM PT / 1:00 PM CT/ 2:00 PM ET