Today online marketing includes email, websites, social media, webinars, search engine optimization, pay-per-click ads, website visitor tracking, and a host of other activities and channels. All are critical tactics in the marketer’s tool chest, helping you find and engage with prospects, drive revenue, and extend your brand.
However, using multiple website marketing software tools makes for a complicated technology environment. Where there’s complication, there’s cost. There are also headaches. Actively managing multiple website marketing software tools is time-consuming, and it’s easy for messaging to get out of step. Data continuity can be a problem; how do you integrate the data from different website marketing software programs to get one comprehensive picture of an individual prospect?
If your website marketing software is reaching this point of complexity, it might be time to consider an integrated marketing platform. Consider these questions:
- How many discrete website marketing software tools are you using?
- How many channels (and subchannels) are you juggling?
- How are you reconciling the data you get back from multiple activities?
- Do you know which campaigns are working? For which segments of your database?
- Can you watch a prospect move through stages of sales-readiness? Can you map your marketing actions to those stages?
- Can your sales team see what you see? In real time?
If these questions trigger big concerns, it may be time to switch to a single integrated website marketing software toolset such as the Act-On marketing automation platform.