Businesses that usesocial media effectively are relatively rare. Only 7% think it is mature; 89% think it is not a major lead source. However, successful businesses successfully use social mediato monitor conversations and nurture relationships.
Social media is mademore powerful through leveraging and integrating other tactics.
- Email. Marketers continue to struggle with reaching the right audience and creating compelling content. But marketers who integrate social media with their email marketing messages see click-through soar370% higher when shared via LinkedIn and190% higher with Twitter.
- Online events can be a lot of work, but are very rewarding. Businesses using social media provide useful content for campaigns and blogging, provide fodder for social media, complement your white papers, and generate leads through registration forms.
- Blogs can seem disconnected from the rest of your content, but they're a great SEO tool. Make them relevant: Update blog posts regularly; reference integrated campaign content; include a call to action.
- Landing pages are very effective when used correctly. Just say No to generic, boring pages. Provide a specific, focused offer; a single call to action;and tie your campaign elements (look, feel, images, language, offers, et al.) together. Then test and tune, to boost conversion.
- Website intelligence. Most of your website visitors are anonymous. Find the ones who are potential prospects doing their buyer's research, by using website visitor tracking to identify visiting companies and correlate traffic to marketing campaigns.
- Integrated analytics. You need aggregate data that shows how campaigns, offers, channels, lead nurturing programs, lists, segments, etc. are performing. Businesses using social media also need to be able to see prospect behavior across channels, so you have a more complete picture of behavior and interests, and so you can implement meaningful lead scoring. Know what you want to measure in your campaigns before choosing a solution to do that measurement.